On Thursday, December 29th I had my most recent doctor appointment. Here is the update:
– Had blood drawn at appointment – they called later that day to let me know everything seemed great.
– Another ultrasound: so far everything looks great/normal. Normal amount of follicles and ovaries & lining looks good.
– Jake and I both went to Quest to have more bloodwork drawn. (Check out the photos for the comparison of our tubes.) I took note of how much the bloodwork itself would have cost, without insurance, for each of us.
Jake: 11 tests (4 tubes)
Shelly: 22 tests (11 tubes)
– Started Letrozole on Friday, December 30th: This is very similar to Clomid, but less side effects. I have noticed a few, but have (thankfully) not noticed the severe moodiness like Clomid did to me in the past. I am taking 2 VERY tiny pills for 5 days (10 pills total) – tomorrow is my last day!
– My supplements from the Nutritionist provide almost every vitamin they specifically want me on, however, they require me to be on CoQ10 as well (Yay, Costco for the win on the price for a bottle!). 2 large softgels every day.
– Wednesday, January 4th: I will take my antibiotic – 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. This is in preparation for the next step.
-NEXT STEP, Thursday, January 5th: Saline Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is scheduled for 9:45am. Thankfully, Jake has this day off of work so he is able to attend this with me. This is an updated and less-invasive version of the last one I had. It was extremely painful. They will be testing to see if my tubes are open. They are able to do this right in their office rather than having to travel to Paoli, PA like the last time. I will receive results immediately, and will be able to update soon after.
-NEXT STEP, same time as HSG, Saline Sonogram: This test is to evaluate the inside of my uterine cavity. They will take a small biopsy of the uterine lining during this procedure.
As we can, and as we feel comfortable, we will keep you updated.
Thank you for allowing me to use this as an outlet through this process. It is a blessing to be able to share our journey with you. Thank you for understanding that I have emotions that fluctuate – I choose to be honest with you about how we are feeling through the ups and the downs.